Sunday 11 September 2016

#507 ~ The Butterfly Garden

The Butterfly Garden

The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars







This was a completely disturbing book on so many levels ... and yes, that statement makes it sound like I wasn't that happy with the book. Check out the stars though, it gained 4 of them even though my opening words are made up with 'completely disturbing'.

The subject matter was for the majority of the time deeply uncomfortable, and would be for any reasonably well adjusted individual, but it was a consuming read on the one hand repulsing me, and on the other full of hope that what seemed almost a hopeless situation could end in anything but an unhappy and upsetting way.

Only attempt to read this book if you have a strong stomach and interest in literature that is enquiring and in need of stimulation and food for thought and contemplation. If you have you will probably run the full spectrum of emotions that I have.

Purchase details:

Downloaded as part of my Kindle Unlimited package from Amazon.co.uk.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment